Welcome to the Fleet & Facility Roundup! We’ve curated the latest, most practical news to help you keep up with material handling developments and insights.
Our takeaway this month? Inflation is up, lead times are still long, and the supply chain remains chaotic, so it’s safe to say that the end isn’t in sight yet. In short, it’s an ideal time to assess what actions you and your company have taken so far and see what efforts are paying off and which need to be redirected.
Supply Chain Insights
News from around the Industry
Supply Chain Insights
- Sustainability “upskilling” could be a key draw for new hires. In a survey, more than two-thirds of job seekers surveyed said environmentally-friendly companies were more attractive than other, less sustainability-focused companies, and almost half of those surveyed said they would accept a lower salary to work at such an organization.
- While consumer pressure on companies to be more sustainable is significant, investor pressure is even more compelling. This video explains how incentives can help get suppliers motivated to change their practices.
- Automation can help boost sustainability by capturing valuable data insights that fuel increased efficiency and productivity across the supply chain.
- While Corporate Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) is a top priority, the 2023 Annual Third-Party Logistics Study shows that companies are still struggling to excel in this area, suggesting that ESG implementation may be the issue.
- Learn how one of the largest global medical technology companies in the world used AI and big data to gain increased supplier visibility.
- Concentric, an OnPoint Group company that often works in tandem with TFS, has launched its Clean Fuels Program. Start earning cash incentives for using your EV and other material handling electric equipment. Program is applicable in the states of California, Oregon, and Washington.
Resource of the Month
From the TFS Team
How to Combat Inflation Using the 5 Levels of Material Handling Efficiency Along with a Different Approach to Automation
If you're looking for strategies to help offset inflationary spend, this paper lays out the ways TFS helps clients think about fleet management.